What is the best method for natural teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is the latest fad that has caught the fancy of people all over the world. It is the latest “in” thing to do and people are shelling out big bucks to get their teeth transformed from looking like stained yellow rocks to white and shiny pearls. There are many natural teeth whitening methods that you can opt for too. But how to decide what is the best method for natural teeth whitening?
Let me describe to you some of the easiest natural teeth whitening methods:
Maintain good oral hygiene
- The first step in maintain a good oral health is to brush your teeth properly. Brushing them twice in a day is not enough. You should brush your teeth after each meal as far as possible. If brushing isn’t possible, at least rinse your mouth to get rid of any food particles stuck between your teeth.
- Next comes cleaning of the tongue. The tongue can accumulate millions of bacteria which are the number one culprit in making your teeth turn yellow. Scrub your tongue with a good tongue cleaner or simply use the back of your toothbrush.
- Brushing your teeth does not clean them 100%. Floss them regularly to ensure there are no food particles left in your teeth that can make your teeth look yellow
Eating and drinking right
- As we grow old we start drinking tea, coffee, cola drinks and so on. These dark colored liquids are responsible for teeth discoloration. Try to avoid such drink as far as possible to maintain your pearly whites.
- Apples, carrots and celery are some of the fruits and vegetables that can actually help you to turn your teeth from yellow to white. These foods are natural abrasives and help in polishing your teeth.
Tricks for teeth whitening
- Mix baking soda with hydrogen peroxide to form a paste which you can use to brush your teeth. It will gently scrub away the plaque formation and make your teeth look whiter.
- Rub your teeth with baking powder or salt to get them shining.
- Mix baking powder with some water and then rinse your mouth with the solution before you brush your teeth. Swish it in your mouth for about a minute and then spit it out to see visibly brighter, shinier and whiter teeth.
All these methods are natural and none is better than the other. You just have to try them and see which one suits you the most. That will be the best method for natural teeth whitening for you.