How to brush your teeth
As you might know, it’s quite important to brush your teeth in a right way. Brushing your teeth twice a day should keep the dentist away. Of course, the dentist is also very important for a yearly check, so I would still recommend you to pay him or her a yearly visit. Most people know that it’s really important to brush your teeth, but the question ‘How to brush your teeth’ is still asked quite often. In this article, I’ll learn you how to brush your teeth in a good way.
Should I use an electric or manual toothbrush?
The first question I received quite often is if you should use a electric or manual toothbrush. The answer is that it shouldn’t matter whether you use a electric or manual toothbrush, the results should be quite the same. As long as you make sure that you brush all the surfaces of your teeth, you can either choose for an electric or manual toothbrush.
Guide for brushing teeth
1. Use a good toothbrush. The first step is to make sure you are using a good toothbrush. Your toothbrush shouldn’t be too old, since it you wouldn’t be able to use it for brushing your teeth anymore. Your toothbrush should also be cleaned in a decent way, so it won’t contain bacteria’s. If you think your toothbrush needs replacement, don’t hesitate to buy a new one right away.
2. Use a small amount of toothpaste. You might think that it’s important to use huge amounts of toothpaste on your toothbrush, but this definitely isn’t true. The effect of the toothpaste is just the same when you only use small amounts.
3. Set your bristles at the gum line at a 45-degree angle. Remember to brush your teeth with short vertical of circular motions. It’s important not to brush your teeth too hard, since it won’t have more effect.
4. Continue brushing for at least three minutes. It’s important to keep brushing for around three minutes for each session. Most people stop brushing too early, which leaves a lot of bacteria’s.
5. Brush your molars. Don’t forget to brush your molars. Other people won’t see your molars, but it’s still important to brush them.
Can I get whiter teeth with teeth brushing?
It’s not a fairytale that you can get whiter teeth from teeth brushing, so this is absolutely true. If you want whiter teeth, you might want to use teeth whitening toothpaste. Of course, brushing your teeth is also very important for your health. If you brush around 3 minutes per session and 2 times a day, you’ll definitely see great effects on the long term!