Is teeth whitening possible for free?
Everyone is caught up in the fad of whitening their teeth nowadays. After all who doesn’t want the perfect dazzling white smile? There are numerous products available in the market which you can use to whiten your teeth in the comforts of your home.
Alternately, you can also get your teeth whitened at your dentist’s. Whichever option you choose, you will have to spend quite a lot of money to whiten your teeth. What’s more these options are chemical based and who knows what harm can do to your teeth.
Best methods of teeth whitening for free
So we come to the question of teeth whitening without emptying your pockets. Is it possible? Of course it is.
Free teeth whitening tips
You can whiten and brighten your teeth for free just by following these simple tricks:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Now, most if you must already be doing this. The extra thing to do here is to brush your teeth after eating sweet and sticky food like candy, chocolate etc. If you don’t have a toothbrush on you at least swish your mouth to make sure no particles are left in between your teeth. This will keep your teeth looking white and bright.
- Clean your tongue. Many of us forget to clean the tongue after brushing the teeth. The tongue houses millions of bacteria which can make your teeth yellow. Ideally you should use a tongue cleaner, but if you don’t have one and don’t want to spend money on it, the back side of the toothbrush works just fine!
- Flossing your teeth after doing the above two is most crucial. Many times the small food particles stuck between your teeth can discolor your teeth. Flossing them regularly will ensure shinier whiter teeth.
- Using baking powder to gently scrub your teeth will help remove any plaque formation. However, make sure you do it only once in a week. In case you have run out of baking powder, the good old salt also works fine and guess what its already there in your home, so it’s practically free.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables such as apples, celery and carrots. These food items help remove surface stains and make your teeth looking white and shiny. Again these food items are already there in your fridge, so no extra money spent.
Just do the above mentioned and you will get pearly white teeth for free!